At the Greenfield Elementary Schools we are committed to offering a wide range of musical opportunities for each student. This year the Elementary K-5 music curriculum is filled with fun learning activities, dramatic play, instruments, dance, and choral singing. Family and friends are welcome to attend "All-School Assemblies" to observe his/her child perform.
The Greenfield music curriculum is based upon the Massachusetts Arts Curriculum Frameworks and the National Standards for Arts Education. These standards include:
- Singing alone and with others a varied repertoire of music
- Reading and writing music in standard notation
- Performing on classroom instruments, alone and with others
- Improvising melodies, variations and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music with specified guidelines
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Evaluating music and music performances
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside of the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture